question

Kim Strasser avatar image
Kim Strasser asked

Is it possible to use the same email address for both login and contact email address?

The player uses his login email address and password in my game to log in on iOS/Android devices. I use the player's contact email address in my game to send a password recovery email to the player when he forgot his password and wants to create a new password.

Is it possible that the player uses the same email address for both login and contact email address when he creates his PlayFab account or is it better when he uses two different email addresses? Are there any disadvantages when the player uses the same email address for both login and contact email address?

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Yes, players can use the same email address for both login and contact email address. Any time you send email to the player, it will only go to the contact email address. And it's up to you whether to let players use the same email address.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.