question

bbord22 avatar image
bbord22 asked

Playfab Studio and TitleID are overridden in Unity's Playfab Editor Extension.

I have a game built in Unity that I already have successfully implemented the Steamworks.NET SDK. I've also implemented the Playfab SDK and have made successful API calls. Now I'm trying to test Steam Login functionality through Playfab using this guide: (https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-players/getstarted-steam-unity). I've completed all of the steps and am logged in Steam with my developer account.

When I use the Playfab Editor Extension and select my Studio and TitleID and hit play to test, these values get overridden by "_OVERRIDE_" and "144" respectively. I am also displayed a message that says, "You are using a TitleID of which you are not a member. A title administrator can approve access for your account."

Forgive me for what is probably a dumb question, but what account is it referring to that is not a member? And where would I make this account a member of the TitleID? I thought my Playfab Developer account would have admin proveleges and most certainly be a member of my only TitleID.

Thanks in advance!

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
marcowilliamspf avatar image
marcowilliamspf answered

The 144 title is the "Getting Started Guide" perhaps when you copy & pasted code somewhere from our getting started guide, you also copied the code PlayFabSettings.TitleId = 144 ?

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bbord22 avatar image bbord22 commented ·

Ah! Thanks for your help. However, still upon trying to log in to Steam via the button on the top left shown in the tutorial, I'm presented with the error "Failed: Steam WebAPI error: 0 ()" in the console. I've searched online for this error code and can't seem to find a description of what exactly is going wrong.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan bbord22 commented ·

Can you check that your Steam App ID and Web API Key are both set correctly? What is the Title ID?

0 Likes 0 ·
bbord22 avatar image bbord22 brendan commented ·

I've confirmed both my Steam App ID and Steam Web API Key are accurate under "Add-ons." My title ID is 667140.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.