question

Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt asked

I think I accidentally IP banned myself lol? How can I view banned users

I recently banned a user -- suddenly it's saying I am banned. I must have accidentally used my own IP instead of theirs? How can I view a list of people that are banned?

Also, I noticed the callback doesn't show the reason banned. Is this supposed to be internal only?

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, the text entered for the ban wasn't exposed to the client when we first set all this up, so we can't reasonably expose it now (since older titles could have put anything in there). We have a backlog to add a new text field that is exposed.

What Title ID was this on, and do you have the PlayFab ID of the user you banned and/or your own?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dylan Hunt avatar image Dylan Hunt commented ·

Found it -- if we use the PlayFab Node API, ALL login records show our API's IP address. I essentially banned EVERYONE O__o

I removed it.

That said, for logging in, would you add an extra optional entry to allow us to put a custom IP address? That way, the API can pass it along.

EDIT: It would also be nice to customize the "source", too -- everything says game client.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Dylan Hunt commented ·

Ah, I see. Yes, that makes sense. I think what you're really looking for is a way to use the X-Forwarded-For header as part of your calls. That came up once previously, and I have a backlog item on that, so I'll add your name to it for tracking.

1 Like 1 ·
Dylan Hunt avatar image Dylan Hunt brendan commented ·

Yes! This is exactly it! The keywords were hard to look up, but this showed up several times. Cheers :) Ping me if something comes up later.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.