question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

"Unavailable" game server

Question from a developer:

I've got a custom game server set up in my title, but after starting it, it goes to an "unavailable" status and stays there. How can I fix this?

Custom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The Unavailable status means that there's something wrong with the build which is preventing it from running. The first thing to check is the executable you have specified in your build's configuration - is it correct, both in terms of filename and the relative path from the root of the zip file you uploaded (that's the most common issue)? If that's not the issue, you've confirmed locally that you build runs on a Windows machine (we use Win2K12 R2 for the servers, specifically, but a quick test on the latest Windows consumer OS is a reasonable first test), and this is a case of a new build starting a server for the first time, you can also try disabling the build in that region, waiting for it to go away, and then re-enabling it for that region. And if that doesn't work, feel free to open a ticket with us via this page, to talk through the specifics.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.