question

patrick-2 avatar image
patrick-2 asked

Allow client to post only certain statistics?

I'm wondering if it's possible to configure a title to allow the client to use UpdateCharacterStatistics but only on the statistics I specify?

I see the block in the json config

{  "Action": "Write",  "Effect": "Deny",  "Resource": "pfrn:data--*!*/Profile/Statistics/*",  "Principal": "*",  "Comment": "Only title can edit user statistics",  "Condition": {  "CallingEntityType": "title_player_account"  }

Can I configure it with statistic names to allow what I want?

If so, how would I go about it?

Can I leave the global deny but add specific allowed statistics or would I do a global allow and deny specific ones?

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

ENTITY GLOBAL TITLE POLICY does not apply to the client API.

The recommended method is to prevent the player from updating statistics on the client side, and instead call the Azure Function Cloud Script via Execute Function to update it. In Azure Function Cloud Script, you can add custom logic to check if the statistics that the player wants to update is allowed.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.