question

Krzysztof Wielgat avatar image
Krzysztof Wielgat asked

PlayFabPartyUnity for Switch || I can't build the game

Hello,

I have a question about the "PLAYFAB PARTY for Unity Nintendo Switch". I would like to ask if the version "Built with Nintendo version 10.4.3" will be updated to a higher version because version 10.4.3 is no longer accepted by Nintendo.

The second issue is a compilation error. I am not possible to build the game on Unity version from 2018 to 2021, is there any specific version that will work with this plugin ?
I got this response from Unity:

I ran into a bug on Unity version 2021.2. When attempting to build, the build fails with a linking error. I narrowed the issue down to libparty.a, which is imported with the Nintendo Switch playfab party package.

Response:

Hi,
I took a look and found that there are functions getegid or geteuid are available in Unity's implementation, that caused link errors during build.Unity requires these functions and they are required to be in il2cpp, so could you please contact to the middleware developer and ask them if they can change function names or move them into a namespace on their side to avoid a conflict?Unfortunately, these functions in Unity don’t return any certain IDs which you can use to identify users on Switch. So please notice that you wouldn't expect to use those Unity internal functions as a purpose of identifying users.

Best,
Luke

sdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

For private SDKs, please contact your Microsoft representative for support.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.