question

Jamie Seward avatar image
Jamie Seward asked

Build stuck on "Initialized"

I have a build stuck on Initialized. I've tried bumping the Target Standby and Maximum to get some servers deployed with no luck. This seems to have been recently broken as I've been able to deploy and test server builds for the last few weeks with no issues. Is there any way I can get more information on why my build is not being deployed? Thanks.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Appreciate your update and I will mark this thread as closed. If you have any other questions about multiplayer server, feel free to send a new thread on our forum.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jamie Seward avatar image
Jamie Seward answered

Looks like things have been magically unblocked an hour later? Seems to be working again (with no changes on my end). Would be nice to have more insight on why this was not working for a window of time. Thanks.

1 comment
10 |1200

ravarna avatar image ravarna commented ·

How long was it stuck? Can you share the buildId?

0 Likes 0 ·
Wolfgang Litzlbauer avatar image
Wolfgang Litzlbauer answered

Hi @SethDu. We had a similar issue today. The build was stuck in initialized on North Europe. I add a region (US East) and the build started redoplying to US East and finally went to deployed with the same build in US East.

I'm wondering what is causing the issue since I have no logs. Our unpacked server is currently close to 5GB. Could it be that we reached the build size limit (Game server build size: 5,000,000,000 bytes) and therefore might not be able to deploy?

4 comments
10 |1200

ravarna avatar image ravarna commented ·

5G shouldnt be a problem at all, especially if you have configured 1 server per VM (essentially, if you are not using read-only assets, the disk size of the VM you choose should have enough room for the number of servers on the VM)

How long was it stuck in initialized (I am assuming you had non-zero standingBy and max in that region)? Build doesnt move to Deploying/Deployed unless the standBy number > 0?

What was the build Id?

0 Likes 0 ·
Wolfgang Litzlbauer avatar image Wolfgang Litzlbauer ravarna commented ·

Build id is: d245c5ab-cf64-4fa6-8e6c-dd5cd82153a6
It was originally stuck on "initialized" forever and was only deployed to "North Europe" with standby 2 and max 2 on Saturday.

Today, I just changed standby and target in "North Europe" and "East US" to standby to 1 and max 1. The overall state changed to "unhealthy" but the servers were propping on both regions and are now set to standby. The overall state changed to "deployed".

We also upgraded our plan to "Standard".

0 Likes 0 ·
Wolfgang Litzlbauer avatar image Wolfgang Litzlbauer ravarna commented ·

@ravarna I think I know now why the state was initialized. We have a "Scheduled overrides" set in North Europe to set standby to 0 after 8:00pm to prevent extra costs. The build was deployed after 8:00pm and therefore was overridden to standby number = 0.

Do I understand you correct, that when standby number = 0 the state is "initialized"? Then the "scheduled overrides" might have caused this.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.