question

Tô Chí Thành avatar image
Tô Chí Thành asked

Do VM auto clean up when my server crash.

Hi all,
I am planning use Unity - Photon Fusion and PlayFab Multiplayer Servers for my multiplayer game.

I am not sure if my server (running Unity code) crash while running on PlayFab VM machine.

Will the VM know about the crash and do shutdown process? Or it will leave that server at active until I call a API to Shutdown it? I afraid the crash server will create a zoombie VM and will cost my money if I do not manually shutdown it.

If you have any documents about this situation, please give me the link.

Thank you very much.

Custom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

When your server crashes, that is, the server process is shut down,you can refer to Integrating game servers with the PlayFab Game Server SDK (GSDK) - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs and write the functions required when the game server process is shut down in the GSDK.

By default, the server that crashed in the vm will be recycled. If the number of standby servers you set is not 0, then the new server will start in the standby state, refer to Using PlayFab Multiplayer Servers to host multiplayer games - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs.

It should be noted that the standby server will also be charged normally. If your title has not been officially released, it is recommended that you manually shut down all servers after the test is completed, and set the number of standby servers and the maximum number of servers to 0. VM will not be created at this time,refer to Deploying PlayFab multiplayer server builds - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.