question

pdaz avatar image
pdaz asked

Billing bugs

My problem exists almost a year, I try to solve it through the ticket since last spring but every time I hear something like "our engineering team is still checking" or "we could'n find any problem". Hope this thread will help to solve it faster.

Into

Last year in January-February 2023 one hacker made a script which created more then 500k accounts (I don't remember the exact amount), I saw this on the dashboard and didn't pay much attention. But after that my Profile Storage billing rapidly increased to extra $1k (750 Gb). I also paid extra for Profile Writes in those months. This was my mistake I didn't ban his IP right away. But anyway after I banned him Writes decreased and I started thinking how to reduce Storage.

First ticket

In April 2023 I asked support what to do and they suggested me to just remove all that players. That made sense so I created a Segment "Linked to AndroidDevice and LastLogin before 1 March". Task completed and removed millions of old users and all those hacked accounts. But total number of players in Players tab did not reduce badly. I tried to repeat the task but it did not help, Segment was still of more then a million players.

Engineers removed them manually

After I reported that issue they did something and now Segment was 0 and in Players tab I had only 5 million players instead of 11. That looked okay but Storage did not decrease at all. After that I was able to find few players with 2 MB of Profile Data but all of them should have fell under that Segment and be removed, which they didn't. So 750Gb / 2Mb should be around 375k profiles which matches the number the hacker created last winter. May be he didn't push Data to all of the profiles.

Ticket is stuck

They dodn't do anything to investigate it faster. All profiles should now be removed but I still get billed $1k extra monthly.

February 2024

Paranoia got me and now I visit billing page very often, today I saw Profile Storage increase to extra $1500. In February Storage became 1142 GB. But if we look to Profile Writes we cannot see any abnormal Writes. Every day is between 600 and 1200 KB which totals to 27 370 941 in MonthToDateConsumption. If there was no Writes there couldn’t be any Storage increase (yes, logic).

So this is the next question to your billing system. Please refund all the money you’ve taken from me incorrectly and will take next months!

I sent Daily Billing Data csv to the support for them to make sure.

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pdaz avatar image
pdaz answered

Why formatting doesn't work? On preview it looks normal6839-1.png

1.png (96.2 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pdaz avatar image
pdaz answered

For better reading regard to this picture:6847-1.png

1.png (126.4 KiB)
10 |1200

Infer Wang avatar image
Infer Wang answered

I understand you are experiencing a billing issue. Since you have opened a support ticket, our support engineer will help you.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.