question

Bryan Matsui Pierce avatar image
Bryan Matsui Pierce asked

PlayFab is unable to "find" my Azure Function and is returning "CloudScriptAzureFunctionHTTPRequestError"

My Execute CloudScript requests suddenly started returning errors with the following PlayFabErrorCode: "CloudScriptAzureFunctionsHTTPRequestError". The generated report says: "GetData failed: /CloudScript/ExecuteFunction: Invocation of cloud script function GetData failed with HTTP status NotFound and response body".

The weird part about this issue is that there is no actual sign that my Azure Functions are being called (I am basing this on the logs-the latest one is from February 2nd). I am not sure what it is I have done to cause this. In the past few days, I migrated the AzureFunction csproj to a new Solution and upgraded it to target .NET8. So far I have tried downgrading back to .NET6 and .NET7 or deleting the functions in the PlayFab console and reregistering them, none of which have worked.

Is this an internal PlayFab problem or caused by something I have done?

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Bryan Matsui Pierce avatar image
Bryan Matsui Pierce answered

Took a few hours from the screen and tried using .NET6 again and it worked. The problem was the .NET version. I don't know why it didn't work the first time but it works now. Did some more reading and apparently Azure Functions only supports .NET8 for isolated/dedicated environments, which makes sense in hindsight. In other words, just stick to .NET6

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.