question

Somasundara Pandian avatar image
Somasundara Pandian asked

GSDK config issues on deployed linux server

There seems to be issues with the config file path in the deployed servers environment variable. The actual path is6682-actualpath.png But inspecting it shows that the path being set is6673-environmentpath.png

sdksCustom Game Servers
actualpath.png (3.9 KiB)
5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios avatar image Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios commented ·

May I ask why do you need the GSDK file path? This should be used internally by the GSDK itself and not be accessed by your code. At the same time, any chance you are using containers? The GSDK file path would be different "outside" of the container (where your first snip is probably coming from) and "inside" (where your second snip is probably coming from).

0 Likes 0 ·
Somasundara Pandian avatar image Somasundara Pandian Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios commented ·

I keep getting moderation messages and can't seem to find my comment. Sorry if the comment has been spammed. This is on a deployed container and the thing I am trying to get is the VmId and region from the config file. They are both empty , while looking at the config file itself they seem to be present. I assumed the issue was with the paths.

0 Likes 0 ·
Somasundara Pandian avatar image Somasundara Pandian Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios commented ·

This is on a deployed container. I was looking to get the VMId from the config for some telemetry information and tracking. The playfab build Id that is gotten from the environment variable seems fine. But the vmid is returning empty. Looking at the actual file the vmid is present in the json. The only difference I found was the file path. Hence I though that might be it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios avatar image
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios answered

thank you - this sounds like a bug on our side, apologies for the inconvenience. Can you open an issue on the GSDK repository so we can fix it? Appreciated!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Could you confirm that if the GSDK config file path you provided is from a deployed server, or from a server that you test locally via LocalMultiplayerAgent? And which GSDK are you using?

1 comment
10 |1200

Somasundara Pandian avatar image Somasundara Pandian commented ·

This is from a deployed server. We use "New-PfBuildWithCustomContainer" in power shell to deploy.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.