question

Marty Burgess avatar image
Marty Burgess asked

Unable to connect to Custom Game Server

Hi all,

I have a custom build uploaded through GameManager, my gameMode is set and I can see under the Servers tab that the server is running. However, when I try to use either Matchmake or StartGame API call in postman, i get the following result:

{ "code": 500, "status": "InternalServerError", "error": "InternalServerError", "errorCode": 1110, "errorMessage": "An unexpected error occured while processing the request.", "errorHash": "fc458cd28f6880633cc295cb979a002d", "errorDetails": { "RequestID": [ "1c3744dab7f147bfb43d90b913ca173d" ] } }

i have double checked that my API call has all the correct values (BuildVersion, Region, GameMode). I have tried changing the region from Australia to USCentral. If my call includes a LobbyId, I instead get the following (as expected):

{"code":400,"status":"BadRequest","error":"InvalidLobbyId","errorCode":1114,"errorMessage":"InvalidLobbyId"}

When investigating, it seems error 1110 is for an undefined error, so might need to see the back end logs to see whats going on for this one.

Also, I noticed that when I make a call and get the above error, in GameManager under the Servers tab, the number of games running is incrementing until it hits the max games count, then i get the following:

{"code":400,"status":"BadRequest","error":"InvalidParams","errorCode":1000,"errorMessage":"There are no free XXXX game servers in USCentral running build XXXX"} (build name and gameMode blanked out)

has anyone else ran into this problem?

Custom Game Servers
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Marty Burgess avatar image Marty Burgess commented ·

ok, so i may have been running on not enough sleep and too much red bull here... turns out the error was when i zipped the build, it's added an extra folder (so i had server.zip->server/gameserver.exe, instead of server.zip->gameserver.exe)

might be an idea for the gamemanager to check that the path to the gameserver executable is valid when authenticating the upload?

either way, please close :)

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, we have a work item to check that the specified build path in the configuration matches an actual file in the Zip. We'll get that check in place as soon as we can.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.