question

John White avatar image
John White asked

Cannot access more than 1 old leaderboard with API. Cannot change limit setting despite being paying customer.

Our game has a daily challenge and the user needs to be able to view leaderboards from previous days. It doesn't need to be unlimited, but at least 7.

I've "launched" the title and switched to a paid plan but I still cannot change the "Leaderboard version history retention length" setting for the title.

6034-screenshot-2023-06-12-120920.png

I've submitted several support requests to Playfab as a paying customer and have not received a response (weeks have gone by). I have to wonder, is Playfab being abandoned and should we switch to a different service while we still have time? Not being able to access more than 1 old leaderboard is an absurd restriction. I thought it was just to get you to pay for the service but we're paying now and still can't change it. Yes, we could roll our own leaderboard service pretty easily but the whole point of Playfab is to put standard functionality like that on the shelf for you.

PS. I had to submit this post 4 times to get it to work. The first time apparently I wasn't signed in and it cleared it when I did, then I got some non-specific error about not having a valid "form", then it apparently signed me out again. Here goes the 4th try (luckily I copy/pasted my text out after the first failure)

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

By default, all plans have the same limit. If you want to increase “Leaderboard version history retention length”, you will need to upgrade to Premium Plan and then open a support ticket to us.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.