question

Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt asked

Test title >> Live title >> Best approach?

I remember reading a while back that it's best to have a test title and a live title.

Well, we want to simplify our login and ONLY have a Steam login. So no password needed, 1-click login. Currently, we can't do this because everyone's primary email is "already taken", so they can't re-register, so a new title seems like a good chance to take the recommended approach!

Upon registering, I'd set their username as their email (is this ok if we never publicly display username? We'd use display name for public), then display name as their steam name.

I made a new title id "my game - Live"

To get some clarifications. I noticed that add-ons are separate for different titles:

• Will I have cloudscript conflicts if I add my same github as other title?
  • Will having a new Photon addon get me double charged for Photon fees?

Then some other questions:

• For registering a new account, does this get saved to "publisher data"? I'm worried it may say "email already in use" if registration is at a PUBLISHER level instead of title.
Title Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Correct, we recommend using separate test and live title IDs. However, this shouldn't cause any sign-in issues, as the PlayFab account exists at the Publisher ID level, meaning that for all accounts in a studio (by default), the player accounts are shared - they just have distinct title data spaces.

Do it's possible that what you're seeing is a rejection of creating a new player account in a title, if another title in the same Publisher ID has the same email address. But that shouldn't be a problem, as the whole idea is that the player account is shared between titles.

For your other questions:

• Will I have cloudscript conflicts if I add my same github as other title?

No, each title's Cloud Script is distinct, though if you connect multiple titles to the same GitHub repo, they'll all update their revisions whenever you update the master branch of your script.

• Will having a new Photon addon get me double charged for Photon fees?

Each Title ID has separate Photon App IDs, which are billed separately.

• For registering a new account, does this get saved to "publisher data"? I'm worried it may say "email already in use" if registration is at a PUBLISHER level instead of title.

Yes, all accounts are created in the Publisher ID space.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.