question

Kim Strasser avatar image
Kim Strasser asked

Does unused/excluded code and text slow down my title and CloudScript functions?

I have some unused/excluded code and text in my legacy CloudScript functions, in my Azure functions and in my client code in Visual Studio and I don't know if it is necessary to remove all this code and text before uploading my project to the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.

For example, I have this excluded code in a legacy CloudScript function:

handlers.MyTest = function (args, context)
 {
  // example for blocked players
  //   var myObjectplcu = amountblockedplayerskeys.Data[key];
        // var jsonitemskeysplcu = Object.keys(myObjectplcu);
     //    var jsonitemsvaluesplcu = Object.values(myObjectplcu);

Does unused/excluded code and text slow down my title and CloudScript functions? Does it cost me more money if I would have many unused/excluded code and text in a published game?

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Simon Cui avatar image
Simon Cui answered

Does unused/excluded code and text slow down my title and CloudScript functions?

It doesn’t slow down the execution of CloudScript functions. But it could take some extra time to load your CloudScript on Game Manager or retrieve it from API. Please be noted that there is also a limit of “Cloud Script script size”, where you can find through [Game Manager] -> [Your Title] -> [Title settings] -> [Limit] -> [Cloud Script script size].

Does it cost me more money if I would have many unused/excluded code and text in a published game?

No. According to this doc: Pricing Meters - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn, CloudScript cost only consists of Execution Time and Total Executions.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.