question

Anders Heie avatar image
Anders Heie asked

Error in admin/GetUserAccountInfo with titledisplayname?

It looks to me like calls to the Admin/GetUserAccountInfo doesn't work if all I give them is a TitleDisplayName. It used to work.

1. Using the playfab ID, I get the info

2. Using the TitleDisplayName (from Console > Title > Player > Overview > Display name) it does NOT work.

I can verify that the DisplayName I get back from the FIRST call does not work in the Second call. The body I use is: { "TitleDisplayName": "Some Valid Display Name" }

Documentation here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/playfab/admin/player-data-management/get-user-publisher-internal-data?view=playfab-rest

Player Data
6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Simon Cui avatar image Simon Cui commented ·

I did a test with Admin/GetUserAccountInfo, which works fine for me. Would you mind telling us your titleId and the specific playFabId for further test?

1 Like 1 ·
Anders Heie avatar image Anders Heie Simon Cui commented ·

Sure, anyway I can send it to you in DM? Note, that it's using the TitleDisplayName to look up that fails, i.e. this body: { "TitleDisplayName": "TallPope" }

0 Likes 0 ·
Simon Cui avatar image Simon Cui Anders Heie commented ·

You can reply with your titleId and playfabId for that user right here.

0 Likes 0 ·
Anders Heie avatar image Anders Heie Simon Cui commented ·

I just tried calling this API on all our products. It works on 2 of them, and fails on 8... Maybe there's a setting that has to be set to enable this?

0 Likes 0 ·
Simon Cui avatar image Simon Cui Anders Heie commented ·

Yes, the link doesn't matter. I used the correct link for reference. Would you mind telling us your titleId and the specific playFabId for further test?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Anders Heie avatar image
Anders Heie answered

So, it turns out that IF the title setting "Allow non-unique users...." is checked, this API will fail, which explains the issue for me. Now, I wonder, if there's a way to get a list of users with a name, and I could use that at least....

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Simon Cui avatar image Simon Cui commented ·

You can use Segment methods to get a list of user with their PlayerProfiles which contain their DisplayNames, such as Play Stream - Get Players In Segment - REST API (PlayFab Server) | Microsoft Learn or Play Stream - Get Players In Segment - REST API (PlayFab Admin) | Microsoft Learn. For more information about Segment, you may refer to Player Segment configuration - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.