question

lukaskebel avatar image
lukaskebel asked

Multplayer Server Service Howto?

Hi there

Currently we are using the Photon-Fusion Service & Unity to create a multiplayer game. Now we want to use the Playfab Server Service without changing to much. Rooms should still be created with Photon but we may want to use some Playfab Services as well.

Are there a few guides out there to get this done? (or Videos) The information on Playfab is widely distributed and it is not clear how to implement the GSDK correctly.

Thx

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

lukaskebel avatar image
lukaskebel answered

Ok Problem was. I did not use the Scripting Command for Unity. At least this is solved.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios avatar image
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios answered
4 comments
10 |1200

lukaskebel avatar image lukaskebel commented ·

i don't find them very helpfull.

right now i am at the step where i want to test my server with the MPS AGent

Problem is: Other than in the description there is no .exe File in the MPS Repo so i can't use it.

0 Likes 0 ·

got the exe at last but have no clue how to get the Docker Container into the build for playfab. i have tried to use this information :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsHLWS6UY6s

while the part with creating the docker container works i still dont know how to connect that container to playfab so that i can create the linux build.

0 Likes 0 ·

i get this error when i try to use the MPS

0 Likes 0 ·
dockererror.png (63.0 KiB)
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha lukaskebel commented ·

Have you follow the documentation to run your game server using LocalMultiplayerAgent in Container mode?

0 Likes 0 ·
lukaskebel avatar image
lukaskebel answered

the GSDK is implemented correctly. The only thing missing now is an IP Adress for the Local Server Agent and i don't know which IP is needed here, because the game by itself has none. Its running with photon. Do i need the photon IP instead?

i want to test the container with mps but can't get a heartbeat without the IP Setup.

10 |1200

lukaskebel avatar image
lukaskebel answered

as you can see here. in the Multiplayer Settings i do need a port but i don't have a port for the game build. And i didn't need one when i used it with a linux VM without playfab.

I cannot find any info about where to set this port and how.

aaa.png

aaa.png (31.3 KiB)
10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.