question

inacomic avatar image
inacomic asked

Integrating game server build with Playfab GSDK

Hey! Hopefully someone can help. I'm not a developer and helping the team out so be patient with me lol

I don't know how to integrate game server build with GSDK as per Microsoft documentation into my code.

The document says to implement Start and Ready for Players methods into game server but how do I do that? I'm guessing adding a C# script but I'm not sure on the actual code... The doc says GameServerSDK.Start(); but that returns an error in the console...

This is the doc I am referring to:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/integrating-game-servers-with-gsdk

Thank you :-)

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Austin Brunkhorst avatar image Austin Brunkhorst commented ·

Hi @inacomic, typically you would add Start and ReadyForPlayers in the entrypoint, or code that's called when your game server is started. Can you share the high level details about your team's project? Are you using an engine like Unity or Unreal?

1 Like 1 ·
inacomic avatar image inacomic Austin Brunkhorst commented ·

Hi Austin,

Thanks for replying. Sure it's Unity and we would initially like to use PlayFab for internal testing before setting it up properly as using all the funtionality.

We're using DarkRift for networking.

It's the actual code I'd need to add into the project to get it setup...

Thanks

Bhav

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Austin Brunkhorst avatar image
Austin Brunkhorst answered

Have you come across this Unity + Mirror sample project? It should outline the steps to get up and running with Unity + PlayFab. All of the necessary code is included in the repository.

To adapt this sample to DarkRift, I would take a look at this MonoBehavior.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

inacomic avatar image inacomic commented ·

I have, I'll take another look at it including adapting it to DarkRift.

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.