question

Guiot Sidney avatar image
Guiot Sidney asked

Steam AppID demo

Hi !
we have a game anf we are doing a demo on steam, thing is it's a different appid and i see no way fixing it easilly, i found this:
Steam Application ID for demo - Playfab Community

" 2. Use one App ID in Steam for both the demo and the full game"

how can we do that ? i looked on steamworks, but could not find anyway to do it :/

the other way would to duplicate the game on playfab, but that would requiere also making a new azure function application with duplicated functions, feels a bit cumbersome..

my suggestion for fixing this would be to allow a second appid in playfab steam settings ( the apiwebkey is the same as the game is under the same game groupe)

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Currently only one steam app ID can be integrated into the title Add-ons page. Hence you may need to create separate titles under the same studio (for publish data sharing among titles) and use GitHub - PlayFab/PlayFabCLI: Tool for using PlayFab via CLI to duplicate most title settings. Meanwhile for Azure Function, I believe you can register the same function to multiple titles and if necessary, you can differentiate titles via function context (in the request).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.