question

Jan Vacek avatar image
Jan Vacek asked

Azure functions typescript local debugging against PlayFab api

Hello, can I somehow local debug typescript azure functions against playfab real datas? If yes, how please? How I can locally call with playfab context? Now I must debug the same way as it was in classic cloudscript = "deploy and we will see" :/

Sorry for spamming new questions, but I need to get set up with Azure Functions, I need to work on our game and this is breaking news for us

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

You can follow this tutorial for local debugging Azure Functions: Tutorial: Local debugging for Cloudscript using Azure Functions. This tutorial is using C# as example, but the Azure Functions supports using typescript, you can change the code accordingly and adapt the tutorial to using typescript. We can provide help for integrating Azure Function with PlayFab, but if you have questions about Azure Function development, you can contact the Azure support for help.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jan Vacek avatar image Jan Vacek commented ·

Thank you Rick, could you please tell me if you are gonna do Local debugging tutorial for Typescript? You must agree with that almost everyone running own code in playfab used to write it in javascript/typescript, so it is so hard and time consuming to rewrite whole projects to C#. Referenced .cs file for local debugging is fine to convert to typescript, but PlayFab should go hand by hand with developers who are forced to move cloudscript to azure :/

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.