question

mwillows avatar image
mwillows asked

Can no longer run azure functions locally (Failed to get Entity Profile)

I've been running local versions of my azure functions for quite a while with no trouble. However, recently, something has gone amiss and whenever I try to run a function locally I get the following:

System.Private.CoreLib: Exception while executing function: ExecuteFunction. KODAzureFunctions: Failed to get Entity Profile: code: 400.

Client is Unity.

I've reverted all code changes on client and server to known working versions and I still get the error, which leads me to believe its a configuration issue in visual studio or Unity that is not being picked up in git, however I haven't been able to uncover anything. Problems started when switching between different game versions (we have a Dev / Staging / Release structure), but does not seem related and that switch has been done successfully many times.

I'm at my wits end if anyone has any insight.

Thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mwillows avatar image
mwillows answered

Thanks, that was slightly helpful. I did find the problem which seems to be that VS was (is) not updating the local.settings.json in the /bin or /debug folders based on the changes made to the root file. I had to delete the files manually and rebuild.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

According to your error message, it should be thrown at GetEntityProfile. We'd suggest you add a break point in this method to find more details about why it filed.

As you are switching between different game versions, you may use wrong settings in your local.settings.json file.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.