question

dragonfoundry avatar image
dragonfoundry asked

Link Steam account - 400 Unavailable

If I try to link a Steam account to an account that already has a Steam account linked, I get an error message of 400 bad request, with a "500 Service Unavailable". I'd expect the error to be "AccountAlreadyLinked".

If I try this with ForceLink = true, I still get the same error. I'd expect that to be successful.

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

It looks like you're using the same Steam Application ID across both Title IDs, which may cause an issue. While we're looking into this, can you try re-testing with separate Application IDs?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dragonfoundry avatar image dragonfoundry commented ·

Not easily - we don't have a second application ID available.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan dragonfoundry commented ·

I've reviewed the code, and I can confirm that we do not support using the same App ID across different Title IDs in the same Publisher ID space. If you must use the same App ID for both test and live Title IDs, I would have to recommend creating a test Studio, so that you have a separate Publisher ID for those tests.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.