question

Gushiken Toshihiro avatar image
Gushiken Toshihiro asked

How to implement the matchmaking function and invitation function between friends

I want to implement a matchmaking feature and invitation feature between friends

However, in another question, I learned that it cannot be implemented by the PlayFab function alone.

https://community.playfab.com/questions/41697/matchmaking-friends-into-a-game.html

I think it's possible to implement matches and invitations between friends by using other lobby features and the multiplayer API.

When implementing matchmaking and invitation features between friends, is there a recommended configuration to see how it works?

Please let me know if you have any reference documents.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Yes, according to this document Building Lobbies with Azure PlayFab, PlayFab groups and matchmaking preview provide some part of the lobby functions where players can group-up before a match, chat with their friends, or search for a match in progress. And some additional services are needed to make the lobby system complete. If you are looking for an example for creating, browsing, and searching lobbies, along with joining an existing lobby, you could check the multiplayer tic-tac-toe sample here: https://github.com/southworks/playfab-samples.

For the invitation functions, there are some workarounds in PlayFab, such as using Player Data, Shared Group, etc. to manage a flag KVP, as mentioned in the thread you referred to. But these workarounds cannot proactively inform the player’s friends that they are invited, hosting an external server can be a better idea.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.