question

ericstock avatar image
ericstock asked

Nintendo Authentication

Hello. Our game is using Client/LoginWithNintendoSwitchDeviceId when logging into playfab. I notice there is also a login available Client/LoginWithNintendoServiceAccount . Since we are only using LoginWithNintendoSwitchDeviceId, I want to check to see if we would need to enable/whitelist LoginWithNintendoServiceAccount using Admin/UpdatePolicy. I am guessing we do not need to whitelist it, but want to confirm.

Authentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

The API LoginWithNintendoSwitchDeviceId is designed for anonymous authentication. This API can create and login a unique PlayFab account for players according to the device Id provided by the current NS (Nintendo Switch) device. This login method is anonymous, it can uniquely identify a device, but contains no recoverable information about the player. If you only use this method to log the players in, the accounts would be lost when the players lose or break their NS devices, and the accounts may be difficult to recover.

The API LoginWithNintendoServiceAccount is designed for the recoverable login mechanism. Players can use this method to login their accounts with the recoverable account information on different devices. Besides, if your game needs the NS online service, it will be necessary to link the Nintendo Service Account to the player account. You can use the API method LinkNintendoServiceAccount to link the Nintendo Service Account the account using the anonymous login.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Damian Rajamanie avatar image
Damian Rajamanie answered

I realize that Nintendo NDA might not warrant a public answer, but I need to ask here, we are having trouble with certain server environments that the Nintendo testers use. When we implmented playfab we used the LoginWithNintendoSwitchDeviceId method, the other one doesn't exist in our SDK. Can I ask could that cause a problem with Nintendo testers? Should we change our code to use LoginWithNintendoServiceAccount?

We do require NSA and NSO. Essentially we have had no problems authenticating for a year now, however Nintendo testers are getting an authentication error and the only difference is the server environments as we understand it. If this cannot be answered publicly, please let me know how to contact or recieve more detailed instructions

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.