question

b avatar image
b asked

Preferred Region - nearest to player's location?

Is there an automatic way to get a server that is nearest to the player when using

RequestMultiplayerServerRequest?

like AzureRegion.Closest

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Ivan Cai avatar image
Ivan Cai answered

You can deploy playfab multiplayer servers to more than a dozen Azure regions to allow players to access "nearby" servers and provide low-latency connections for other regions. Players can use Quality-of-Service (QoS) beacons to measure the latency to Azure and connet to the region with lower latency. For more operations, please refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/using-qos-beacons-to-measure-player-latency-to-azure.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

b avatar image b commented ·

Thanks for your help.
I was able to build my own solution to ping the playfab servers to get the one with the lowest latency and then connect to that.

I wrote a guide for unity3d because I think more people will search a solution for that.
PlayFab Multiplayer guide for unity 3d

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.