question

Cadrick Loh avatar image
Cadrick Loh asked

Banning player from sending statistic

Is that possible that I can ban the player from sending statistic via GameManager?

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The Client API call for updating player statistics is turned off by default, so players can only write statistics to the service from the client if you specifically allow that (which we recommend against). We do provide banning of accounts, which we would also recommend using for any user who is being abusive or otherwise disruptive to your title. But if the question is, can you block only specific users from updating statistics while allowing others to, then I'm afraid the answer is no, we don't provide specific-user-targeted enabling/disabling of API calls.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Cadrick Loh avatar image Cadrick Loh commented ·

What the other method that I can use to send player's score without sending from client?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Cadrick Loh commented ·

You can use the Server version of UpdatePlayerStatistics from Cloud Script. That gives you a server-authoritative way to do some basic checks on what the client is saying it did, and add cheat checks both pre-launch and then over time, as you identify ways people are attempting to abuse the game.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.