question

Vladimir Khanin avatar image
Vladimir Khanin asked

Problems with legacy multiplayer

Hi, i have some problem with legacy multiplayer:

1. Started 2 instance every time.
  2. It`s takes away +4 hours used from server hours
  3. When i add or change build, playfab writes error, but everything works, except for the two points above
multiplayer
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

Just tried both the flows @madmojoman suggested, however, I didn't manage to reproduce it. May I know your title id, the build id & the region it hosted on?

BTW, can you try the second flow and see if you can avoid the duplicate issue?

0 Likes 0 ·
Vladimir Khanin avatar image Vladimir Khanin Citrus Yan commented ·

TitleID: 3EB42
Region: EUWest
Build Id: ezServerLobby, but it happes, and on other builds

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Vladimir Khanin commented ·

I just informed the engineering team about this, and I will get back to you once I hear from them.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
madmojoman avatar image
madmojoman answered

Figured I'd respond here just so you know you're not alone. =)

1) Definitely an irritating known issue!

Flow that results in duplicate:

"If I upload a server, update the settings, then go to the game mode to set it up...sometimes the duplicate server issue will happen."

Flow that does not:

"If I upload the server, verify a game mode is setup for new server, then return to server to update settings (region, instances, proper -log statement)...then it seems that the server just starts up once."

2) Yeah, I hate that, too.

3) That's a known issue for them. Not sure if they'll have a fix for it soon. (I hope so, it's really irritating!) But it doesn't seem to effect anything with the servers here, either. You just have to click back through the site options.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.