question

Martin Stys avatar image
Martin Stys asked

Best way to store session/match/game related data?

I would like to store some data about the game disregard the players (events like: Enviroment changed, new pickable spawned in the game, etc). I don't mind using either Data or Events, but TitleData seems fairly limited and not really suitable for such storage.

What is the best way to store "session" or "match" related data?

data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

How do you want to use that data? Do you want to analyze it later or something else? If you want to conduct analysis later, we recommend that you generate Events which will be routed to your Insights cluster where you can query and analyze the data, please navigate to the link to learn more.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Martin Stys avatar image Martin Stys commented ·

Thank you for your response.

Mainly I would like to analyze it later, only minor portion of data will be used to rank players etc. Imagine for example any competitive game like Counter Strike or Rocket League. I would like to store information about every single “match” (which players where present, which arena/map they were playing, what was the game setting, was friendly fire on, was it death match or other game mode, …, …).

In relation database model I would have a separate table(s) to store such information and referencing other tables, such as player info table etc. There are PlayerData in Playfab, where I can store all information about players, but no “MatchData” (only very limited TitleData).

Are events the proper way to do it? Should I just send one larger event with all the desired information on the beginning of the match?

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Martin Stys commented ·

We suggest that you use events to do it, and sending one larger event with all the desired information would be convenient for you to analyze it later.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.