question

andrem avatar image
andrem asked

Best way to store Map Data.,Best way to store our map data.

Hello guys,

Right now we are storing all our user data, map data, etc using the cloud service Coronium. Unfortunately, this platform is not being supported anymore and is pretty much falling apart. For that and other reasons we were thinking about moving to Playfab.

Now my question is. What would be the best way to store our map data using Playfab? Is the File Management on the Content Menu the best option? Or do you recommend a different method to do this?

Player Datadata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

I'd say it depends - how large is your map data, what format is it in, and how many do you have?

If it's relatively small (tens of KBs) when encoded in a string format (you could use Base64 or UUEncoding if they're normally binary), and it's dozens, you could technically use Title Data.

If it's larger, and/or you have thousands of levels, I'd recommend the Content service (which is what the File Manager connects to in the PlayFab Game Manager). That's our CDN, which is built on CloudFront, so it would minimize the download time for players (given the distribution of endpoints), and still keep the cost low (the Content service is priced at the actual CloudFront cost, plus 10% to cover our costs).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.