question

Marta Menac avatar image
Marta Menac asked

Facebook Login: Error when logging in a test account

Hello,

I am trying to setup Facebook login for an app by following the Playfab Auth Series. I have downloaded the PlayfabAuthService as is and tried to go straight to Facebook. On the Editor it works as it should. It logs in correctly when adding the token from facebook test account.

The problem is when I try it on an Android phone. I log into Facebook with the test account and try to log in to my app. Then I get an error from Facebook saying there was an error while entering the app (and to try again later). And when going back to my app, it obviously says Facebook login Cancelled. I think it may be an error from Facebook setup, that somehow there is something I haven't done correctly or that there is something missing on the video tutorial.

I have tried to do this on a brand new Unity project with a new Playfab account and project and a new Facebook account and the same thing happened, so I don't think I missed anything from the tutorial.

unity3dAuthentication
5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Marta Menac avatar image Marta Menac commented ·

Little update on this. I also tried following the following Setup for Android and no luck either.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Can you use this token to log into PlayFab account (via Postman)? Are there any detailed error messages or reports?

0 Likes 0 ·
Marta Menac avatar image Marta Menac Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Using the token that I get from a test account works perfectly. I must be doing something wrong when building for Android.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Marta Menac commented ·

Try to output necessary information in the console and check the token before it is used by PlayFab.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bar Shoulian avatar image Bar Shoulian commented ·

Any luck with solving your issue?

Im having the exact issue.

In editor Im able to login to Facebook but on the android it doesn't promote the login window for Facebook.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Marta Menac avatar image
Marta Menac answered

It was taking too much time to fix this and we decided that we can launch without facebook or google sign in. We will resume investigation on this when the game is out and we decide that this is worth the time.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

anudeep avatar image anudeep commented ·

Any luck ? Literally having the same issue. Google seems to work on some android devices, just like facebook. However facebook gives the same response as yours while google authenticates.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.