question

YONGHAN CHOI avatar image
YONGHAN CHOI asked

​I want to prevent logins according to the region

I have released a game that can only be used in Korea on Google Play.

But at some point, there was a huge log-in in other countries like China.

Many hacking sites in China were hacking apps and taking advertising revenue.

What can I do to prevent logging in or using in these unwanted areas or hacked apps?

https://community.playfab.com/questions/14386/displayed-player-country-is-wrong.html

As I looked here, I thought I shouldn't block users with country code.

What we're trying to do right now is...

Update new build to Google Play with new version code (built in c# code).

Put the current allowed version code of the app(built in c# code) in the title data.

When logging in, we check if the version is different.

If the version is different, they are not allowed to play.

Use Scheduled Tasks to periodically delete players which have CountryCode=cn.

By doing so, I could not let Google Play external apps user play games for about a week.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

As you know, PlayFab doesn’t natively support region lock. Therefore, as I see it, this could be done from the client-side, you can have the app detect users’ IP Addresses to give a rough estimate about their regions/countries, if those users are from unwanted areas, then prevent them from logging in the first place. Moreover, if your app can access the users’ GPS info provided that they know how such data is used, then it would be easy for you to add Geo-location filter for countries you want to restrict. And, at the meantime, use the method you suggested in the question to delete previous unwanted players.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.