question

Jørgen Havsberg Seland avatar image
Jørgen Havsberg Seland asked

CloudScript using Azure Functions roadmap

Hi, we have a specific case where we need an Azure function to be called in an authenticated context. For this we are considering
1. using vanilla Azure Functions, passing a SessionToken manually, and calling PlayFab Server API to Authenticate the player, or
2. use CloudScript using Azure Functions where the authenticated context comes automatically.

The big issue here is, what SLA can we expect for CloudScript using Azure Functions in the coming months, given that it is currently in Public Preview?

What if it is still in public preview when we launch?

CloudScript
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jørgen Havsberg Seland avatar image Jørgen Havsberg Seland commented ·

Side question: How does the new pricing model count CloudScript using Azure Functions? Does it count "double", i.e. as both a PlayFab CloudScript call and an Azure Function call?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Jørgen Havsberg Seland commented ·

Not unless you're calling an Azure Function from a legacy Cloud Script. The way our built-in Cloud Script system works, you're either using legacy or Azure Functions.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Jørgen Havsberg Seland avatar image
Jørgen Havsberg Seland answered

I received an answer to the main question on Slack from @brendan, which I quote here for convenience:
"Once a feature is in Public Preview, that means it's supported in live titles. So it's the same SLA as the rest of the service. Public Preview simply means that we're not quite done - there may be additional API calls we want to add, or documentation that's needed, for example."

Link to Brendan's original slack post: https://playfabcommunity.slack.com/archives/C1UTCR5J6/p1585934456006900

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.