question

Tomas Engelthaler avatar image
Tomas Engelthaler asked

Disable old CloudScript revisions?,Disable 'Specific' Cloud Script revision option?

The ExecuteCloudScript function takes two parameters to specify the revision version (RevisionSelection and SpecificRevision). This allows the client to access code in non-Live scripts.

Is it possible to disable this (for the sake of better security)? I would like the cloud scripts to only run the Live version, prohibiting the call of other specific versions.

My Live versions of the scripts introduce a variety of server-side checks to prevent cheating. The players are still able to use the old exploits though, by simply capturing the outgoing packets and modifying the parameters of the script (running the old revisions of them).

The ExecuteCloudScript function takes two parameters to specify the revision version (RevisionSelection and SpecificRevision). This allows the client to access code in non-Live scripts.

Is it possible to disable this (for the sake of better security)? I would like the cloud scripts to only run the Live version, prohibiting the call of other specific versions.

My Live versions of the scripts introduce a variety of server-side checks to prevent cheating. The players are still able to use the old exploits though, by simply capturing the outgoing packets and modifying the parameters of the script (running the old revisions of them).

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

PlayFab API access policy does not support disable specific fields in API. Did you try to delete the old CloudScript revisions directly? You can choose a specific revision in the GameManager and click the [REMOVE REVISION XXX] button in the upper right corner to remove the chose CloudScript revision.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.