question

bellealmoraat avatar image
bellealmoraat asked

JobTempAlloc error when using PlayFabClientAPI.LoginWithSteam at one PC

Hi guys, I have this untraceable issue reported by one of my players. Well, for him its just a black screen, but the logs show that right after calling PlayFabClientAPI.LoginWithSteam the game enters into a loop of the same error:

Internal: JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than 4 frames old - this is not allowed and likely a leak

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Allocator/ThreadsafeLinearAllocator.cpp Line: 372)

That's, of course, Unity raised Exception, but based on what I found in the forums so far, it happens when the code uses the Job system in a wrong way. The problem is, this happens only with that player (as far as I know so far).

Any ideas? Could it be some issue in PlayFab SDK crashing agains the latest Unity 2018.3 Beta?

sdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

PlayFab Unity SDK does not use Job System, so possibly this is caused by Unity instead of PlayFab SDK. There is a similar discussion in Unity forum on this exception: https://forum.unity.com/threads/jobs-lags-jobtempalloc-has-allocations-that-are-more-than-4-frames-old.513124/. According to the discussion, accessing statics may cause this issue. You may check your code and if you still have this issue, I'd suggest you join that thread to discuss the root cause.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bellealmoraat avatar image bellealmoraat commented ·

I know about that thread, but since I am not using Jobs either or accessing any statistics, I decided to ask here and make sure it's not the SDK. Thanks for replying. I'll dig deeper into this.

0 Likes 0 ·
filipzielinski avatar image filipzielinski bellealmoraat commented ·

Unity packages often throws these errors by themselves.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.