question

gbarnes avatar image
gbarnes asked

RewardAdActivity not available in Client API

Hello,

I'm about to setup rewarded ads in my application. I followed the guide at https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-content/ironsource however my Client API ist missing the method RewardAdActivity and I'm already on the newest update of you api.

Is this method yet available to the public? I would relly like to integrate this functionality into the our game.

Thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

That would be because it's in beta right now. Have a look at this thread for more info on this topic: https://community.playfab.com/questions/7861/does-playfab-provide-a-way-to-use-server-to-server.html

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

By the way, can you tell me where you found that link? That tutorial isn't actually live anywhere in our tutorial pages.

0 Likes 0 ·
gbarnes avatar image gbarnes brendan commented ·

Initially I found it by accident through the documentation side. However you can just search for iron source from your documentation search bar and even google shows it by looking for "ironsource playfab"

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan gbarnes commented ·

Hm. I do see that. I'll ask the documentation folks to remove it for now.

0 Likes 0 ·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

Yes, this method is not exposed in both the latest SDK(2.47.180716) and the one which document mentioned(2.26.170814). But the API documentation also claim that this is still under development, so we will also check if this document issue.

As a workaround, please refer to UnicornBattle sample to see how to consume the RESTfull API to make it work for now.

10 |1200

gbarnes avatar image
gbarnes answered

Thanks for your replies! I integrated the code from the sample JayZuo posted above however I always receive InvalidParams as an error code.

3 comments
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

That would be because your title is not set up for the beta - so, you have no way to define the ad placements. In the other thread, we've had folks providing Title IDs so that we can turn on the beta for them - that was one of the reasons I highlighted it above. If you can provide yours, we can submit a request to have it turned on.

1 Like 1 ·
gbarnes avatar image gbarnes brendan commented ·

Hey Brendan, thanks for your quick reply. My title id is 3422. Thanks for helping me out.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan gbarnes commented ·

Thanks, I've submitted the request, so it should show up soon.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.