question

joshsagarold avatar image
joshsagarold Deactivated asked

Does Playfab provide a way to use server to server callbacks from adnetworks?

When looking at Ad Networks, all of them suggest to use server-to-server callbacks to grant virtual currency. Is there a way to do that through Playfab? (If not, any idea where I could learn about it?)

Thanks

Custom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

As it happens, we're working on a complete rewarded ad system which we just announced a beta for in our recent newsletter. If you're interested in being part of the beta, please feel free to let us know by opening a ticket on this page.

27 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

joshsagarold avatar image joshsagarold commented ·

Will that provide me with what I needed above? If not, what does it offer? I am curious to join.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan joshsagarold commented ·

Yes, when I say "rewarded ad system", what we're providing is a system that lets you define rewards - including from a random table with weights - for watching ads in-game. So you'll request an ad for the player, and when the player has completed viewing the ad, we will automatically put the reward into the player inventory. This will make it a server-authoritative process.

0 Likes 0 ·
joshsagarold avatar image joshsagarold commented ·

Define rewards from other ad networking services?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan joshsagarold commented ·

I'm not really sure what that means. What we'll provide is a way for you to define ad campaigns in the service, for your game, which provide a reward to the player from your game's economy - virtual currencies and inventory items. So specific to your original question, this service will allow you to grant VC to players for watching ads.

0 Likes 0 ·
joshsagarold avatar image joshsagarold brendan commented ·

http://developers.ironsrc.com/ironsource-mobile/server-to-server-callback-setting/

Something like this is what I'm after. Sounds like what you are offering might work that way. Anyway, I'm interested. Sign me up!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Marty Burgess avatar image Marty Burgess commented ·

sorry for the thread revival, just wondering if there was any update on this, or if the beta is still active/running? @Brendan

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Marty Burgess commented ·

The end-to-end ad service isn't something we've been able to prioritize due to other things that have had more requests, but we do still have the beta of the rewards system available, if you'd like to try it out. Just let me know your Title ID, and I'll set that up.

0 Likes 0 ·
Marty Burgess avatar image Marty Burgess brendan commented ·

Title ID 1899 please and thankyou :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

hey @Brendan, can we get this enabled for 7CB8 as well please :)

0 Likes 0 ·

We've updated the configuration for the title, so the Ads tab should show up soon for you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Marty Burgess avatar image Marty Burgess brendan commented ·

we're in the process of trying this out to use with our existing ironsource ad mediation, and the New Reward screen is blank and wont let us enter anything?

0 Likes 0 ·
adspage.png (77.2 KiB)
Show more comments

the account was in the Admin group, so should have been good in that regard. to test, i also made a new user group with everything selected and added that, didn't change anything tho. i've tested across chrome/firefox/edge, and with adblock disabled. any ideas?

0 Likes 0 ·

Aha! My apologies - I was thinking you meant setting up a new Placement. You're getting a blank screen when trying to add a reward because you have no catalog defined for the game. The rewards are specifically items from your game's catalog, so you do have to define that first.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
michael.herrera@clopas.net avatar image
michael.herrera@clopas.net answered

Hey @Brendan if the beta is still open, we'd like to sign up as well: Studio - GoLoco Games, Title - Final Pilot, Id 88030

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.