question

jules avatar image
jules asked

Displayed country (based on IP) is incorrect

Players from our game sometimes complain that their country (based on IP) is incorrect. 90% of the complaints seem to be players who are incorrectly located as being in Afghanistan. I recently looked up a player that is listed as being in Afghanistan in PlayFab, but when I use any sort of IP location finder on Google, it correctly identifies the player as being in Austria.

We do country-based leaderboards and tournaments, so it would be nice to have this be more reliable!

Thank you,

Julian

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
pfnathan avatar image
pfnathan answered
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jules avatar image jules commented ·

Ah I see, thank you.

The IP address in question is: 185.236.147.171

Says AF. Should be AT.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan jules commented ·

Thanks, we've submitted an update request.

0 Likes 0 ·
scottbinter avatar image scottbinter brendan commented ·

I realize this is resurrecting an old thread - but is there a better place to report this (to the lookup service PlayFab uses directly?)

I have two IPs:

That are supposed to be in (Frankfurt, Germany), but are reported as (null, USA) and (Santa Ana, USA) respectively.

Judging from the other posts these may be from a recently moved block and need to be updated, but who would we notify to help this along? If we find more of these, where would they go?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.