question

yamf45 avatar image
yamf45 asked

Managing unlockable levels

Trying to make a level-select map that the player needs to progress through in a Candy-Crush kinda way.

How should i go about implementing this?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
pfnathan avatar image
pfnathan answered

Can you share bit more details on this, please? You could try using container but Is the level (map) itself an unlock (consume items to get the items in the container)? If so then yeah you could make a container that gave a fake item that was the token for the map.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Alternately, it's possible you might just want to use player data for this. But Nathan's main point is key - what are your requirements? What are you tracking? How secure does it need to be? How do players unlock levels?

0 Likes 0 ·
yamf45 avatar image yamf45 commented ·

@pfnathan im aiming for the level selector to have a path on which you need to complete ascending levels in order to progress.

If possible I'd also like to rate finished levels based on the users performance in that level.

The level selector I've got in my head looks a lot like Candy crush's one

0 Likes 0 ·
yamf45 avatar image yamf45 yamf45 commented ·

@pfnathan @Brendan thanks for the suggestions ill try to clear my question.

I'm trying to make a level selector in which you need to follow a path and in order to do so you must complete ascending levels, one after the other.

I'd also like to rate the player's performance on completed levels.

Level unlocks don't need to be too secure.

Finished deal would look similar to Candy crush's level selector.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan yamf45 commented ·

What I would recommend is saving it as a simple JSON data blob, so that you can have all the info on each level in one convenient store.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.