question

sam-6 avatar image
sam-6 asked

Export data outside of Playfab,Export All data to database

We use playfab to store the data of our custom in-game events, however, in Playfab we can only store our data for 30 days. We are looking for a solution to store all that data elsewhere on our own servers for long-term storage and analysis. I saw that you can export to amazon or microsoft but no other partners. Is there a way to automatically export all data every period of time to a service outside of playfab? I saw some articles that said thet PlayFab Insights Management is deprecated so i don't really know where to start...,In our plan of Playfab we can only store data for 30 days. As a startup, we are looking for ways to extract our data from playfab and store it on our own servers for long term storage and analysis. How can we achieve this? I saw some articles that said that PlayFab Insights Management is depricated and you have to use azure but we would like our own solution. Is there a way to automatically make an export of all data (like custom events from our game) and store it elsewhere?

data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

PlayFab provides Webhook(https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/data-analytics/acting-data/webhooks-overview) feature for you to send event data to your own server. Whenever a new event is emitted, it can be forwarded to your server by making a POST request to your custom web endpoint. The event data is then passed as the JSON body of the request. But the old event data that existed in PlayFab before the webhook was set up needs to be manually downloaded and imported into your own server.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.