question

주식회사 링크즈 (LinkZ inc.) avatar image

PlayerID is being changed for reasons unknown to me.

Hello, The Player Master ID is being changed. We keep receiving inquiries from users claiming that their data suddenly disappears. Upon investigation, it appears that when the PlayerID is changed, a completely new ID is issued.

Even after checking the logs, we cannot determine the cause. Wasn't the Master Player account ID supposed to remain unchanged and unique?

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

The master player account ID will not change on its own. In your case, the players may log into a newly created account instead of their previous accounts.

One possible reason is that the player's master player account is accidentally deleted, and then he logs in using their previous login credentials, it will create a new account for the player (which has a different master player account id).

Another possible reason is that player called unlink account API to unlink the related login identifier from his account. Later, if he uses the previous login credentials to login, it will create a new account which has a different master player account id. In addition, you can check the login/creation time of the player account to determine whether it is the situation I mentioned (check if the player's account which in question was created while logged in).

If it is not the above situation I mentioned, could you tell us which login API the players having this issue are using?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your response. Below is a part of the login code.

PlayFabClientAPI.LoginWithGoogleAccount( new LoginWithGoogleAccountRequest() 
     { 
         TitleId = PlayFabSettings.TitleId, 
         ServerAuthCode = AuthKey, 
         CreateAccount = true, InfoRequestParameters = new GetPlayerCombinedInfoRequestParams() 
         { 
             GetPlayerProfile = true, ProfileConstraints = new PlayerProfileViewConstraints() 
                 { 
                     ShowAvatarUrl = true, ShowLocations = true, 
                 }, 
         },
              }
     // ....omit 
 );

I also checked the member withdrawal code section just in case, and I ensured that when a member withdraws, the related login cache is definitely cleared.

0 Likes 0 ·
Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi 주식회사 링크즈 (LinkZ inc.) commented ·

Are there any other login APIs that players can use to log in? If the player with the issue logged in through LoginWithGoogleAccount, then the issue may still be caused by the two situations mentioned earlier. First of all, you can determine if this is a newly created account by checking when the player account was created (both of the above scenarios will result in the creation of a new account).

For cases where unlinking accounts causes this issue, you may check whether there is related player_unlinked_account event.

For cases where deleting master player account causes this issue, although there is an event “title_deleted_master_player” generated, but since the master player account id of the newly created account will change, you will need the previous master player account id to search this event.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.