question

John White avatar image
John White asked

Leaderboard reset times are not consistent

I'm using the default daily and weekly reset times but they're not consistent which is messing up daily challenge results for my game. I thought daily leaderboards were supposed to reset at 00:00 GMT but they seem to be resetting from 00:09 to 00:40 GMT. I understand I can write my own scripts to reset it but what's the point of the default one if it doesn't work consistently?

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

Based on the size of your Leaderboard, there is a delay (usually a few minutes to ten minutes, but occasionally up to several tens of minutes) between the actual reset time and the reset time you set in the leaderboard. If you want to reset the leaderboard at custom time, you may try to use the Scheduled Task to execute an AzureFunction to call IncrementPlayerStatisticVersion API to reset the Leaderboard at any time you want.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

John White avatar image John White commented ·

Is it possible this will be addressed in the future? I'm depending on the NextReset time in my game client that is returned via the GetLeaderboard() API. I thought this would be the most reliable way to check when the leaderboard is going to reset. This also prevents me from fixing it server side with an AzureFunction calling IncrementPlayerStatisticVersion() since I'd have to then set the leaderboard to manually reset and it would not have a NextReset time.

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha John White commented ·

This delay may be unavoidable. However, you could call Scheduled Task - Get Tasks - REST API (PlayFab Admin) | Microsoft Learn API with Task ID in Azure Function to get the Task NextRunTime which could be used as the NextReset time for the Leaderboard.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.