question

eojj14 avatar image
eojj14 asked

Leaderboard Version not working

Hello,

I am using the corona SDK and am trying to load the previous version of a leaderboard and it simply doesn't let me and loads the current version. It's almost like the version parameter is being ignored. The limits page says I should be able to load 1 previous version, which is what I am trying to do.

Please advise!

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Could you let us know the specific API call you're using, and the parameters you're passing in? The GetLeaderboard calls (including friend and around versions) do not take a version as input, to be clear. The current functionality is that when you reset a leaderboard, you can download the details of all the player scores from S3 once it has been archived. We will be updating in the near future to allow for accessing previous versions of statistics for players from the Client/Server API calls, however.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

eojj14 avatar image eojj14 commented ·

Thank you for the clarification! Can you provide a time frame possibly with when I can pass in a "Version" parameter to the GetLeaderboard functions? Basically I am trying to tell players what rank they are now and then give them a +/- positions from the last season on the ladder.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan eojj14 commented ·

Sorry, but until something is in active development, it's really not a good idea for us to be speculating on dates. The issue is that as a live service, our priorities are constantly in flux, and we don't want to have someone take a dependency on a date we're not 100% confident in.

What you can do in the meanwhile is what other titles have done - use two statistics to track on the value for the player, one for the "current season" and one for the "previous". You would then rotate which one is current based upon the current date (put the start date in Title Data, and calculate from it).

0 Likes 0 ·
eojj14 avatar image eojj14 commented ·

There seems to be a recent update on both client/server leaderboard methods --

https://api.playfab.com/Documentation/Server/method/GetLeaderboard

https://api.playfab.com/Documentation/Client/method/GetLeaderboard

There is a new "Version" parameter. Yet using the "Try it!" button to call the api for a previous version always returns the current version.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan eojj14 commented ·

The issue was that the documentation pages were not correctly updated - we'll be updating the site shortly to correct that.

The quick usage info is that due to the fact that some of the SDKs we support cannot use nullable types, there's also a "UseSpecificVersion" bool that you need to set to true to use Version, at the moment. We are looking at possible update to eliminate the need for that, however (which will not be a breaking change when we make that update, to be clear).

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.