question

Tommy Li avatar image
Tommy Li asked

Economy V2 Refunds: How to actually check?

The documentation about Refunds of Economy V2 is as vague as it can get. Would PlayFab people please help elaborate on how refunds should be checked, ideally with an example?

6674-image.png

In-Game Economy
image.png (77.7 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image
kylemc@microsoft.com answered

We're building support for refunds in Economy V2 across all the marketplaces currently. I expect it to be available for use sometime in 2024, but I don't have a more concrete timeline to share yet.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Tommy Li avatar image Tommy Li commented ·

That's great news to hear. I look forward to future updates from PlayFab!

0 Likes 0 ·
Infer Wang avatar image
Infer Wang answered

To find the player based on the refund, you'd do a search on the items_redeemed - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn event which raised when items have been redeemed to an inventory using Data Explorer quickstart - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn. And it's a good idea to keep an archive of older events, in case you want to be able to look things up beyond the limit of your Insights retention period.

2 comments
10 |1200

Tommy Li avatar image Tommy Li commented ·

If I understand correctly, essentially the Refund feature provided by Economy V2 is just recording the transaction ID that is only kept for a limited amount of time. We the developer would still have to make our own server to listen to App Store and Google Play callbacks when refunds happen, correct? To give context, I was expecting something automated, that PlayFab will listen to refund notifications from App Store and Google Play and automatically void the associated items or trigger certain actions set up by the developer. See here: https://community.playfab.com/idea/53437/integrate-refund-server-notification-from-app-stor.html

0 Likes 0 ·
Infer Wang avatar image Infer Wang Tommy Li commented ·

Yes, PlayFab will only create an event about it. The automatic refund feature mentioned in the link is not supported currently.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.