question

Tolin Simpson avatar image
Tolin Simpson asked

Where Is The Drop Table Documentation?

I have looked through all the APIs and I can't seem to find any documentation on Drop Tables and searching through support questions and tutorials all I can find is stuff about the Game Manager Drop Tables.

If drop tables are part of a catalog how do you access them in code, is there a way I can roll a drop and get the item id of the items rolled?

If someone could link me to the documentation for Drop Tables (Not the Game Manager) that would be great.

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Tolin Simpson avatar image
Tolin Simpson answered

They can be added to bundles/containers that can be granted to the player, this answers my question. I kind of wish they could be called by cloud script and return a item instance without having to go through a container or bundle, that's how I figured they would work.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Tolin Simpson avatar image Tolin Simpson commented ·

I only figured this out after looking at

https://api.playfab.com/docs/building-blocks#Catalog

and scrolling down to Drop Tables and reading the description. I would have never looked at bundles/Containers since I thought our game didn't need them.

Edit: Found

https://api.playfab.com/Documentation/Server/method/EvaluateRandomResultTable

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Correct, you can use EvaluateRandomResultTable to get a result from the drop table in Cloud Script. It's also worth noting that you can reference drop tables in drop tables, allowing you to build complex results, such as those needed by CCGs/TCGs (top level is "CommonCards", which breaks down by elements, item types, etc.).

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.