question

daniilsaraikin avatar image
daniilsaraikin asked

Azure Functions Bandwidth cost

We are planning to use Azure functions to execute CloudScript, is there a difference in terms of bandwidth cost in which region to host them? I saw a list of static IPs used by PlayFab in Settings and the ones I checked are located in US west, US west 2. Those are different regions according to Azure, so which one should I choose? Will the traffic be considered "internal" and not charged by Azure no matter which one of two I choose?

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Edit: Sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes, you don't pay for data transfer between Azure services in the same region. However, you can incur costs for outbound data transfers to another region or outside of Azure. The cost of Azure Functions is charged by Azure, and for more information on how Azure is charged in different regions, you can refer to Pricing - Functions | Microsoft Azure for more info. Since we are not experts in Azure Function, if you have more questions about the cost of Azure Functions, you may ask Azure Team for further assistance.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

daniilsaraikin avatar image daniilsaraikin commented ·

In a similar question here, you say

And you don't pay for data transfer between Azure services in the same region, while PlayFab core service is located at PlayFab static IP prefixes and addresses.

Doesn't it contradict to the answer of this question?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.