question

george@thenuum.com avatar image
george@thenuum.com asked

Steam Login does not work if the player tries to login again

Player logs in to the game using their steam account. The login method works as intended, but if the player closes the app and starts again, the login method gives out a wrong ticket ID log.

Am I suppose to store the steam login in case the player wants to come back? It seems that if I wait 5-10 minutes the error goes away. But I want to make sure players are not experiencing this. Do I need to store the ticket ID and the time the player logged in?

apisAccount Management
4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Infer Wang avatar image Infer Wang commented ·

Could you please tell me the specific error message? And did you use the same steam ticket to call the method three times(worked, wrong ticket ID log, error went away)? Did you use PlayFab SDK?( The PlayFab SDK will handle the session ticket so that client don’t need to log in again in 24 hours)

0 Likes 0 ·
george@thenuum.com avatar image george@thenuum.com Infer Wang commented ·

The error said wrong ticket ID and gave me a huge number, which I think is the ticket ID sent. All I do is call the steam login playfab call. I also noticed this happens in the editor and is hard to replicate on the game. Maybe the editor is a special case because it doesn't close steam? I was just afraid that this would pop up outside the editor.

0 Likes 0 ·
george@thenuum.com avatar image george@thenuum.com george@thenuum.com commented ·

I just had a player test the steam login api call and it failed for him. They got the same error with a long number.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.