Idea

Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt suggested

Allow deletion of players in players dashboard (without API)

I have about 100 test accounts all asdf@bullshit.com type accounts all for testing my new registration form online --

I realized I had to delete them 1-by-1 via API calls .. oh man, that's a headache. I'm not going to do that.

But would I would love to see if simply a "delete player" option within the website I can click on to relieve us of my testing woes ;)

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

3 Comments

·
daniel-1 avatar image
daniel-1 commented

Any update on this? It's been about a year since the original post and we're still waiting on a simpler way to delete users

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

The simplest way to delete user accounts is via the Admin/DeleteUsers call, since all you have to do is specify the PlayFab IDs of the users and the Title ID.

We'll look at re-prioritizing the Delete User option in the Game Manager directly, to see if we can get it into an upcoming sprint.

0 Likes 0 ·
info-8 avatar image
info-8 commented

Bump, I'd also like this, I'm finding the /admin/deleteusers api is not realiable and doesn't actually delete players

1 comment
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

I'll follow up with you in the other post where you're asking about the details of the delete call, but the short answer is that the "shell" of the account remains (after all data, stats, and account links are removed), as all the events for the account are tied to its PlayFab ID (which remains).

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image
brendan commented

Okay, the ability to delete players has been added to the dashboard. When viewing any player in the Players section of the Game Manager, you'll now see a delete option in the upper right hand corner.

10 |1200

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas