question

John avatar image
John asked

Why is there no or little example code in Api Documentation?

I want for example to implement facebook login and I struggle to undestand what code to use in order to accomplish this.

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We definitely agree that we need more samples - that's something our tools lead, Marco, and I will be working to make sure happens in the coming sprints, as it is a priority for us.

For Facebook login specifically, the thing to pass to us that is unique for that call is the Facebook user access token, which is detailed here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/access-tokens/. And as stated, Unity users can get it easily as FB.AccessToken in the Facebook SDK ScriptableObject.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

John avatar image John commented ·

Thank you for your quick reply. The support is one of the reasons I want to use Playfab for my app. Are all the videos updated?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan John commented ·

No, while many of the videos are still current to the existing API set, they're mostly older. We'll be reviewing them as part of our plan to update the documentation and samples (something the Tools and Developer Success teams will be working on shortly).

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.