question

mgambrell avatar image
mgambrell asked

GrantItemsToUser grantResults ordering

It seems I was depending on the order of GrantResults returned by a GrantItemsToUser being the same as the ItemIds passed into GrantItemsToUser. But either I was crazy, or that stopped working recently (and I'm still crazy for expecting the order to match). (The order may have changed when I recently renamed a bunch of my items)

It would be nice if the order matched.

It would be nicer if the docs specified one way or the other. I know, I'm crazy for expecting this. I thought it was too good to be true when it seemed to work before. I know, you'll go crazy documenting every crazy thing I might have counted on.

You could just show the sample response in a jumbled order.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Correct - the order the items will be in, in the returned data, is not guaranteed. We'll update the docs to help make this clear.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.