question

Muhammad Omar Saeed avatar image
Muhammad Omar Saeed asked

Dedicated Server Build giving errors when building [Unity v2021.3.6f1]

Whenever I am building my server in unity on windows platform. There is no error as seen in the following two photos.

But the moment I change my build platform to Dedicated Server, unity starts spitting out errors.

The graying out of Library means that nothing of that Library is being used. Somehow when switching the platform, removes the PlayfabMultiplayerAgentAPI class from the name space. I have even turned on all the APIs in Playfab Editor Extension.

I don't know if it's a Playfab issue, an unity issue or both. I might be missing something but I don't think I am.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao commented ·

The photo is missing, please upload it again, so we can investigate it.

0 Likes 0 ·
robertgrospitchmmo avatar image
robertgrospitchmmo answered

Was there an answer to this? I cannot seem to get it resolved and am having the same issue however it is removing the "Server API" from the build.,Was this issue every resolved? I am having the same exact issue now and cannot seem to get it resolved.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

5452-serverapistripping.png

As you can see from the image, it is stripping the Server API from the build when I choose dedicated server. I am utilizing mirror.

10 |1200

Before someone says "The error is because you need Server API enabled." I do and it builds just fine in windows. When I switch the build to dedicated server and attempt to build it is like it is stripping the import. When I switch back to windows build it runs just fine again.

5449-serverapienabled.png

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.